Homeless Help

Fast Free Meal Help

If your child is attending Onalaska School District, Breakfast & Lunch are Free for all students. No paperwork is required.

There is more help available for your child/ren. Please contact our local educational agency liaison For homeless children (at your child’s school), or the principal of your child’s school, or the homeless shelter director (if you’re staying in one). These people will help you get other resources for your child fast. The program serves children and youth in families with housing problems that have forced them to: live temporarily with another family; live in a motel, campground or car; live in an emergency, domestic violence or transitional shelter. Or children and youth on their own: living temporarily with another family; living in a motel, campground or car; living in an emergency, transitional or run away shelter; or awaiting foster care placement.

For more information contact: Onalaska School District Homeless Liaison Kristin Soderback 360-978-4111 or ksoderback@onysd.wednet.edu


  • Contact Melinda Dyer, State Coordinator, at 360-725-6505 or Email Melinda Dyer

  • Call the National Center for Homeless Education at the toll-free Help Line number: 1-800-308-2145

Online Resources

WA Apple Health for Kids: Free or low-cost health care for kids. A family of four with an income up to $4,417 a month may be eligible.

Lewis County Housing Authority: A variety of support services for people experiencing homelessness or assistance with housing.

National Center for Homeless Education: Supporting the education of children and youth experiencing homelessness.

Resource Guide for Relatives as Parents: Washington State Department of Social and Health Services.

Washington Basic Food Program: Help for low-income individuals and families to obtain a more nutritious diet by supplementing their income with basic food benefits.

Washington State Dept. of Early Learning: You may qualify for short-term free child care.

Washington State 2-1-1 Network: 2-1-1 is an easy-to-remember phone number for people to call for health and human service information and referrals and other assistance to meet their needs. You can call 2-1-1 for information on "Safe Parking" for those of you forced to live in your car. Local area churches are opening their parking lots for you and providing volunteer patrols for your safety overnight. Please call 2-1-1 for more information.

Website: www.frac.org

The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination in its programs on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, and marital or family status